In today’s digitized world, it is imperative for healthcare organizations to maintain medical records securely so as to prevent and minimize the potential adverse consequences of malpractice litigation. Medical records which are poorly maintained, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible or altered, create questions of fact regarding the treatment given or advised to a patient. These records are therefore highly sensitive and need to be maintained and secured well.
‘HIPAA’ or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is a United States legislation that safeguards medical information by providing due data privacy and security provisions. IDrive online backup assists healthcare facilities to comply with HIPAA regulations which include:
- Data Recovery Strategy: To comply with HIPAA, all healthcare organizations are required to have a proper data recovery plan in place for handling data disaster scenarios. IDrive cloud backup offers state-of-the-art data protection with top notch physical and technical security features. Health organizations can archive their data for as long as needed with IDrive cloud backup services.
- Restricted Access: HIPAA requires healthcare data to be accessed only by few authorized personnel to maintain privacy. Thus, keeping the confidentiality aspect in view, IDrive cloud backup offers unique data access criteria, strict administrative procedures and world-class technical security measures to prevent any kind of unauthorized intrusion into the stored data.
- Encrypted Data for Storage & Transmission: As a HIPAA mandate, hospitals or healthcare facilities should always use encrypted data while transmission as well as while storage. IDrive cloud backup helps health organizations to comply by the same with its 256-bit AES military-grade data encryption feature.
- Continuous Data Protection via IDrive Cloud Backup
IDrive cloud backup recognises small files (the files you usually work on throughout the day) for modifications at regular intervals and backs them up to provide real-time protection.
- Convenience of Access
With an active internet connection you can access your data in your IDrive online backup account through your smartphone, laptop, desktop or tablet anytime anywhere.
- IDrive Express for Faster Online Backup
Backup and retrieve data in less than a week, via physical storage shipment, without using any bandwidth for initial online backups.
- IDrive Online Backup – A Pocket Friendly Backup Solution
With IDrive cloud backup, you can protect your precious data securely by paying as less as $6.95 for 2TB online storage space, for the first year.
Be a responsible healthcare provider by complying with HIPAA mandates. Sign up with IDrive today!
Best defense against ransomware
Historical view of your data to perform point-in-time recovery.
Manage backups of all your remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response.
IDrive ® BMR
Protect your business critical data
Onsite bare-metal disaster recovery with Snapshots and Virtualization.
Here's what the experts say:
There's a heck of a lot to like about IDrive. It can do things that none of the alternatives can.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
You can set your own encryption key for your data, which means extra protection...
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.